Samples for simple test steps

May 1, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Although I understand that this is still a beta version, I'm looking very much forward to some documentation.

Could you add small samples for some of the basic steps like testing maps and orchestrations?

Coordinator
May 3, 2011 at 9:23 PM

If its specifically for testing maps there are some unit test cases for the execute map step, that combined with the .CHM should make it reasonably clear how to use the step, most of the steps have pretty simple configuration. I will try to add some SDK samples.

Also, you should note that Orchestrations are indirectly tested, i.e. depending on your port bindings you may use BizUnit to send in messages via FILE, SOAP, HTTP, MQ test steps for example, then you can validate outbound messages using the same or other steps depending on the message exchange patterns being employed. It's probably worth reading the getting started guide and also my blog posts on BizUnit 4.0 to help get started.

Regards,

Kevin

May 3, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Kevin,

I've used the previous version of BizUnit in the BizTalk Software Factory and for the 2010 version I would like to implement BizUnit 4.0, so I'm familiar with BizUnit.

It was quite easy to get a map tested the same way as is supplied with the BizTalk template in Visual Studio. The thing is that despite the CHM and your blog posts I couldn't find how to test a map and then run some XPath queries afterwards to check the results. I could get it to work, but I wasn't sure if it was the right and most efficient approach.

It would be nice to have that documentation available.

Regards,

Jean-Paul Smit