An attempt at creating BizUnit for BizTalk 2013 R2

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:32 AM
I have tried to take the BizUnit code and make it usable for BizTalk 2013+ (and do some refactoring).
I have also worked with getting the UnitTests for the project to work.
I need some feedback and information on if other people are maintaining this project.

The code is here:
https://github.com/kakkerlakgly/BizUnit
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2015 at 6:40 AM
Hi,

Thanks for this. I've moved the source to github, feel free to merge your BizTalk steps in, if you do can you ensure that they are packed in a separate assembly so there are no dependencies on BizTalk? Also, you might want to add a nuget package for the BizTalk test steps.

thanks,

Kevin
Jul 16, 2015 at 6:55 AM
Hi Kevin

Could you please elaborate on no dependencies to BizTalk as several of the projects reference BizTalk assemblies?
About the NuGet package, should that be a NuGet package for the whole test framework?

Regards
Kristian
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2015 at 8:13 PM
Hi Kristian,

Sure, users should be able to install the core BizUnit package via NuGet without the BizTalk steps package - for scenarios where they arnt using BizTalk. Users that want the BizTalk steps would install the BizTalk test steps NuGet package, which would have a NuGet dependency on the core BizUnit pacakge. Make sense?

Hopefully that answers both questions, i.e. the BizTalk test steps should be in a serperate NuGet package.

Also note the BuildAll.bat is a batch build that will build versions for .NET 4.0, 4.5 and 4.6, if you can set up the BizTalk test projects in the same way so they have multiple .NET targets that would be good.

thanks,

Kevin
Aug 6, 2015 at 9:42 AM
Hi Kevin,

I've just spent some time fixing the BizTalk Test Steps map testing for 2013 R2. I came to CodePlex to check if I could share the work only to find you'd already beaten me to it! Doh! Thanks though! :)

I want to use your version through the nuget packages, I've found and installed the core BizUnit package but I can't see the BizTalk Test Steps NuGet package that you mention in your post above. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Jim
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Hi Jim,

I've not done the Biztalk test steps, feel free to do those, check them into github and create a seperate NuGet package for those steps that is dependent on the Bizunit NuGet package. I don't have access to the rest of the thread right now, but from memory someone else signed up to add the Biztalk steps, it was a while ago,so I suggest you just cracking on if you want to.

Regards,

Kevin

---- absolutebandit wrote ----

Hi Kevin,

I've just spent some time fixing the BizTalk Test Steps map testing for 2013 R2. I came to CodePlex to check if I could share the work only to find you'd already beaten me to it! Doh! Thanks though! :)

I want to use your version through the nuget packages, I've found and installed the core BizUnit package but I can't see the BizTalk Test Steps NuGet package that you mention in your post above. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Jim