Message Context Not Supported

Apr 29, 2009 at 4:11 PM
I can't seem to find anything about inspecting message context (specifically helpufl in the world of EDI).  I guess I am seeing that we don't really access the message "in flight" where it would have context attached?  Am I missing an option?
Apr 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM
Yes, context is Biztalk specific so only a biztalk orchestration or other artefact like a pipeline component could examine that.. BizUnit takes a black box approach so it wont be possible to get that info outside biztalk.

However, as an inspired guess, there may be something that could be done....if you were to route the message through a port with tracking enabled, you may be able to use Michael Stephensons BizUnit HAT Query step to see if HAT gives you the context associated with the message. Try it :-)

cheers,
benjy
Jul 23, 2009 at 11:38 AM

yieldvs,

The ExecuteReceivePipelineStep and ExecuteSendPipelineStep have functionality that supports creating, writing to disk, and inspecting the message context. Maybe this can be of assistence?

Bram.

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2009 at 6:29 AM

Hi,

It kind of depends what your scenario is, if you want to check the message context after a message has flowed thru a pipeline the bes tway to do that is to extend Bram's pipeline step to write the BizTalk msg ctx to the BizUnit msg ctx, then you can use a validation step to check it, you could kind of do this with the existing step though its a little more fiddly since the ctx is written to disc. If you want to check the msg ctx after an orch has been executed thats a little more tricky. would be good to know more about the scenario you want to test?

thanks,

Kevin