Continuous integration support with BizUnit

May 22, 2014 at 4:27 AM
Working on Automated Build and deployment of biztalk project.How we can configure BizUnit in visual studio to support automated build.Note: we are using BTDF for deployment and VS MS Test for unit testing
May 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Sorry, don't have any answers, but I'd also be interested in any pointers, as we're also looking at this area

Cheers,
SteveC.
May 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM
In terms of modifying the standard TFS build definition to deploy BizTalk application(s) using BTDF, start here: http://www.tfabraham.com/BTDFDocs/V5_5/DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkDocs.html?CustomizationstotheTeamBuild2010.html. There are other blogs that also describe doing this.

BizUnit tests will be run as part of the standard RunTests activity or the MSTest activity. However, you should run the tests after the BizTalk application(s) are deployed. You could be go further (I have not bothered doing this) and have multiple test run activities so that BizUnit specific tests are filtered to not run after the solution compile activity and only BizUnit tests are filtered to run after the BizTalk application(s) deployment activities.

There are plenty of other steps you should implement in your build definition to ensure your Build server is restored to a known state: e.g. UnDeploy BizTalk applications (using BTDF); stop BizTalk host instances (I use TFS Build Extensions InvokePowershell activity); Remove custom assemblies from the GAC; etc. etc.

For development purposes, I have a simple MSBuild script on my dev machine that run these steps in the same order as the TFS build definition will run them. If I am just working on one BizTalk application, I comment out the lines that compile/deploy/test the other applications.