Bizunit Problems

Aug 9, 2008 at 11:40 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2008 at 12:29 PM
Hi I have been working on infiguring the Bizunit for performance testing. I have few doubts can some one claryfy this:

1. I am using the bizunit 2.2 and Nunit2.2.9. - I f I want to use Bizunit 3.0 (I suppose this is the latest version on Bizunit) which version of Nunit should I use?

2.While calling the Bizunit.HostConductorStep, Bizunit.Biztalksteps I am getting the error that The assembly is wrong and The test step is not created.Buth other steps I am able to execure properly (currently I am using bizunit 2.2 and NUnit-Net-2.0 2.2.9  ).

So I am doing as 

<TestStep assemblyPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Services\BizUnit 2.2\bins\Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.BizTalkSteps.dll" typeName="Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.BizTalkSteps.HostConductorStep, Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.BizTalkSteps, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6af2981068577587">

<

Action>stop</Action>

<

HostInstanceName>Orchestration</HostInstanceName>

<

Server>BTADMIN123</Server>

<

Logon>server\btsadmin   </Logon>

<

PassWord>password123</PassWord>

<

GrantLogOnAsService>true</GrantLogOnAsService>

</

TestStep>

I am getting the error as displayed in NUnit-Net-2.0 2.2.9  as BizUnitPOCProject.AshishBizUnitPOC.Test_06_BenchPerformanceTest : System.ArgumentException : Type names passed to Assembly.GetType() must not specify an assembly.

And I give assemblyPath="" (i.e. nothing here) then I get the error as :  BizUnitPOCProject.AshishBizUnitPOC.Test_06_BenchPerformanceTest : System.ApplicationException : The test step could not be created, check the test step type and assembly path are correct, type: Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.BizTalkSteps.HostConductorStep, Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.BizTalkSteps, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6af2981068577587, assembly path: Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.BizTalkSteps.HostConductorStep, Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.BizTalkSteps, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6af2981068577587.

Can you please share shat could be the problem.Rest all steps are working fine.Only HostConductorStep is giving problem.

3. I am also facing problems in configyuring Load gen with Bizunit.Where can I get the document of information ofr this configuration.The mail problem which I am struggeling is not knowing the right version combnation i.e. which version of Bizunit+Nunit+Loadgen shall I use to work.I am using Biztalk R2.

Please comment as It is urgent.

thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2008 at 10:02 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Looks like you haven't configure the step correctly, in the first snippet you are using BizUnit 2.2 from the assembly path, yet in the type specified you are using 1.0.0.0, so you need to have them both consistent, i.e. change the version number in the type definition to reflect the assembly version number.

In the second example you again have the wrong version number, fusion will not be able to find that assembly, so again you need to change the version number to whatever version of the step you are using.

You can use fuslogvw.exe to see what assembly fusion is trying to load.

Arround using BizUnit for perf testing, check out the new BizTalk Server Performance Optimization Guide which talks about using BizUnit in conjunction with LoadGen: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc558617.aspx

Cheers,

Kevin

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:46 PM
Edited Aug 23, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for the previous reply.But my problems are not solved yet.In the same hostconductor step is am not able to start/stop host.For your information:

1.currently I am using bizunit 2.2 and NUnit-Net-2.0 2.2.9./
2. have configured the execution stem as

<

TestStep assemblyPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Services\BizUnit 2.2\bins\Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.BizTalkSteps.dll" typeName="Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.HostConductorStep">

<

Action>stop</Action>

<

HostInstanceName>Receive</HostInstanceName>

<

Server>BGSMWSBTDEV02</Server>

<

Logon>amr\btsuser</Logon>

<

PassWord>pass1234</PassWord>

<

GrantLogOnAsService>true</GrantLogOnAsService>

</

TestStep>

3.In Nunit I am getting the following error:

Error: Exception caught!

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0C025CB): You cannot request an Install, Delete or Change Credentials operation on this BizTalk Host instance because it is currently running. You must stop the BizTalk Host instance before trying it again.

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParameters, InvokeMethodOptions options)

at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, Object[] args)

at Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.HostConductorStep.Execute(XmlNode testConfig, Context context)

at Microsoft.Services.BizTalkApplicationFramework.BizUnit.BizUnit.ExecuteSteps(XmlNodeList steps)

Please advise where I am wrong and how to solve this problem. I tried solvin this problem by suggestion of this blog entry http://www.codeplex.com/bizunit/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3552  , but this also is not working....Please suggest

4. I have one more important question : Can we call (run ) any .vbs script or any .bat  script  from Bizunit ? If yes can you please provide me a general syntex for this (assume my ..vbs or .bat file is at a location d:/Perfmon/BizunitTest/).

Thnaks in advance.