Obsolete version 3 test steps with no version 4 implementation

Jul 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Edited Jul 14, 2011 at 4:53 PM

There are a bunch of test steps built for version 3 for which there is no equivalent using the version 4 base classes (TestStepBase, SubStepBase). 

I was wondering if these are planned to be included in a future version? 

For example:

Sql - ExecuteNonQuery, RowCount, ReturnXml
Msmq - Create, Delete, Purge, Read, Write
Email - Pop3, OutlookRead
File - WaitOnFile, DeleteMultiple, DirectoryRename
Cmd - ExecuteCommand, StartApplication
Perfmon - CounterMonitor
EventLog - Clear, Save

In particular, I use the Msmq read step and the EventLog clear step on many projects.  It would not be too difficult to copy the version 3 code to re-create them with the new base classes.  However, I was just wondering if version 4 implementations were imminent.

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Hi,

Yes, there are a bunch of steps I didn't get a chance to port. They will be ported as soon as I find the time, in the mean time, if you have steps that you need I suggest you take the v3.0 steps and port them for your needs, the new programming model is significantly simplified which means porting the steps is very fast. Releasing them with with BizUnit takes me a little longer however due to the testing etc.

Thanks,

Kevin

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Hi,

Just wondering what there are any plans for release in the near future including the test steps mentioned by Charlie above...

Helge

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Hi,

So, it is now 2015. Are there still plans to port over any of the listed test steps? I also like the idea of porting them myself, but it becomes increasingly difficult when no documentation exists and I can't view the source code. Do I need specific authorization to view such things?
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2015 at 6:50 AM
Hi,

I'm going to try to get it released to github and open it up. As a side note, the source code ships with BizUnit, it always has, you should feel free to modify your local version.

Thanks,

Kevin
Jul 7, 2015 at 7:12 PM
Ah, ok. Don't I feel silly now. Thanks!