Running test cases without BizTalk

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Our company does not use BizTalk; nevertheless, on the BizUnit v4 Getting Started Guide it is mentioned that this tool "is not limited to that domain".

Therefore, I would like to know how to run a simple test case without having to use a BizTalk server.

We're using a system similar to Iguana and Chameleon and we're looking forward to use this tool, if possible.

Thank you in advance.

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Hi,

I'm not familiar with Iguana / Chameleon, but from what I can see it looks like they support a HTTP and TCP interfaces amungst others. To BizUnit, it would just be an endpoint, meaning that you could use BizUnit to send an HTTP request(s) into Iguana / Chameleon, assuming there is some response you could then validate the response recieved back is correct. There's currently no TCP test step in BizUnit, though what I'd stress is that its a framework, writing new steps is pretty striaght forward and easy (see https://kevinsmi.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/creating-a-custom-test-step-for-bizunit/ for an overview of creating a new test step).

I hope that helps,

Regards,

Kevin