Bizunit--ReceiveLocationEnabledStep got an exception

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:51 AM
Hi,I wrote the TestStep like this
<TestStep assemblyPath="C:\OrchestrationTest\OrchestrationTest\bin\Development\Orchestration_Test.dll" typeName="BizUnit.ReceiveLocationEnabledStep, BizUnit.BizTalkSteps">
<ReceiveLocationName>Rcv_Loc</ReceiveLocationName>
<IsDisabled>false</IsDisabled>
</TestStep>

Error: Exception caught!
System.ArgumentException: Type names passed to Assembly.GetType() must not specify an assembly.
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at BizUnit.ObjectCreator.CreateStep(String typeName, String assemblyPath)
at BizUnit.BizUnitTestStepWrapper..ctor(XmlNode stepConfig)
at BizUnit.BizUnit.ExecuteSteps(XmlNodeList steps)

Plz tell me where i made wrong
Feb 29, 2008 at 11:59 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2008 at 12:00 AM
The assemblyPath should be the path to the assembly that contains the step you are trying to load (BizUnit.ReceiveLocationEnabledStep), not the assembly that contains the orchestration you want to test.

Also, for the typeName, I don't think you can specify the assembly name, only the class name.

So you should have something like:
<TestStep assemblyPath="C:\Path\To\BizUnit\BizUnit.BizTalkSteps.dll" typeName="BizUnit.ReceiveLocationEnabledStep">

or even better, you could avoid specifying the assemblyPath if the .Net class loader can locate the assembly by itself:
<TestStep assemblyPath="" typeName="BizUnit.ReceiveLocationEnabledStep">
Mar 4, 2008 at 3:59 AM
Hi Ckarras

Thanks a lot to u'r valuable suggestion,after modyfing my code now its working fine,and a small correction to the teststep <TestStep assemblyPath="C:\Path\To\BizUnit\BizUnit.BizTalkSteps.dll" typeName="BizUnit.BiztalkSteps.ReceiveLocationEnabledStep">

ckarras wrote:
The assemblyPath should be the path to the assembly that contains the step you are trying to load (BizUnit.ReceiveLocationEnabledStep), not the assembly that contains the orchestration you want to test.

Also, for the typeName, I don't think you can specify the assembly name, only the class name.

So you should have something like:
<TestStep assemblyPath="C:\Path\To\BizUnit\BizUnit.BizTalkSteps.dll" typeName="BizUnit.ReceiveLocationEnabledStep">

or even better, you could avoid specifying the assemblyPath if the .Net class loader can locate the assembly by itself:
<TestStep assemblyPath="" typeName="BizUnit.ReceiveLocationEnabledStep">