Contributing to BizUnit

Jun 4, 2007 at 4:10 PM
Hi Kevin,

I've posted an issue on the tracker but in the meantime have solved the problem I have had by creating a new test and validation step. The problem I have experienced has also been experienced in the past by a few of my colleagues. In fact the step I am using that I intended to develop had already been developed by a colleague and so I am using his implementation. The step itself solves problems with the SoapHTTP step, is very generic and I think would be a useful addition to the core project. More details on what the step does can be seen here - http://www.codeplex.com/bizunitextensions/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=10842. I would like to know if you would be interested in reviewing the new test/validation steps for review for possible inclusion in a future version of BizUnit. If so should I upload them as a patch or is there somewhere else I could send them. If you would prefer not to include contributions in the core project then please let me know and I will see about getting them added to the BizUnitExtensions project.

Thanks

John
Coordinator
Jun 14, 2007 at 9:38 PM
Hi John,

Yes, the existing SOAP step has some issues, some of which I've fixed in the 2.3 release but it's still got a way to go. I'd definitely like to take a closer look at your new step with a view to rolling it into 2.4. Could you email the step to me?

Also, in the 2.3 release I've invested a lot of time in adding unit tests for individual test steps to ensure that they don't regress between releases, these are part of the build process for BizUnit and not something I am planning to ship. Typically, the are MS Unit Tests and execute the various steps in isolation by creating them dirrectly and passing them a ctx obj and their associated config. Assuming it makes sense to roll your step in, it would save me a lot of time if you could also provide some unit tests which I can add to the build, preferably as MS Unit Tests.

Thanks for your efforts on this, much appreciated,

Kevin
Jul 9, 2007 at 4:18 PM
Hi Kevin,

Apologies for the delay in responding. I've just uploaded patch 124 which contains the updates. Let me know what you think.

Cheers

John
Feb 18, 2008 at 4:03 PM
I would like to contribute a patch to BizUnit's HttpPostStep and HttpHelper to add support for authentication.

Should I base that patch on the latest source code that was posted on the "Source Code" tab (May 12 2007)?

Or is it possible to access the real latest source from TFS? (I was not able to access it this way, but it was not clear if it was because of an invalid configuration or if it's because my account doesn't have access to the BizUnit project)

Also, should I first enter an issue in the issue tracker for this enhancement?

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Edited Feb 18, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Hi,

The latest version is v3.0 which was uploaded last weekend, please update the step and send me the changes, I'll review and work in if approapriate. In general I don;t make the source widely available, please also provide any necessary unit tests such that they can easily be integrated into the build process, take a look at the existing tests.

Thanks,

Kevin